Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
- Anyone can become a Host and list their property or part or their property such as swimming pool, garden, or separate areas on our platform
- A Filmmaker then can browse all the listings and choose a desirable place for the filming
- Once the Filmmaker chooses the location they can simply click on “Book Now” and proceed with the online payment.
- Filming Locations does not charge the Host any fees. We charge the Filmmaker 15% per booking
- If Filmmaker would like to see the location they can request a location pre-visit “Location Scout” along with the booking or separately by contacting us via contact us, email or whatsapp (+971 52 921 21 84).
- Filming Locations will release the payment to the Host once the shoot is completed.
How do I list my property?
- Click the “sign up” button and go to "list your property".
- Follow the 7 easy steps and add the best photos you have of your property.
- Don’t forget to mention the security deposit.
- You can choose to rent out the property for a half-day (minimum 6 hours) or full-day (minimum 12 hours).
- Click on the “submit” button and you are all set!
- You have full control over your listings & bookings via your account and can change any details you want at any time.
How do I book a location?
- Choose the city, type of location, and dates.
- Pick the location you desire, select the date and the time on the right sidebar. (If you are using a mobile the date & time selection will be at the bottom of the page).
- You can visit the location simply by choosing “Location Scout” along with the booking or separately by contacting us via contact us, email or whatsapp (+971 52 921 21 84).
- Once you click on “Book Now” you will be transferred to the next page where you need to fill out details about the shoot, number of attendees, and the payment information
- There are two payment options available: “Credit card” by filling out relevant information, or manual bank transfer by choosing the “Invoice” button
- The Host will have 24-hours to accept the booking and you will receive a confirmation email. The Host’s details along with the location pin will be sent out to you 24-hours before the shoot.
Can the Filmmaker see the location before the shoot?
You may book a “Location Scout” along with your booking or separately by contacting us via contact us, email or whatsapp. Location Scout is available for a flat fee of 499 AED. If you would like to find out specific details about the location and do not wish to order a Location Scout please Contact Us and we will find out all the details from the Host for you
Is there any charge for the Host to rent their property?
It is absolutely free for the Host to rent their property through our website. Filming Locations does not charge any fees from the Host.
When will I know the exact location address?
After the Host accepts the booking, Filming Locations’ team will provide the location pin 24-hours before the shoot.
Can I request a NOC letter from the Host?
After the Host accepts the booking and the payment is made, the Filmmaker should provide an NOC letter template to Filming Locations’ team for the Host to fill and sign.
What if a Filmmaker will overstay at the location?
If the shoot needs to be extended, the Filmmaker should notify Filming Locations via Whatsapp (+971 52 921 21 84), so we can confirm with the Host and adjust the bill for the overtime. Additional hours will be calculated on the basis of the daily rate divided by 12 hoursand incur Filming Locations Fees.
How can Hosts protect their properties from damages?
The host may require the Filmmaker to provide a security deposit (in cash or by cheque) by mentioning in their listings. The Filmmaker should provide a security deposit before entering the location on the day of the shoot, that will be held by the Host and offset against any damages to the location or personal belongings. Filming Locations does not take any responsibility for handling, keeping, or returning deposits and does not appear in this case as a third party. Filming Locations is not liable in any way for any damages nor be a party to any related dispute or claim. Where Host or Filmmaker hold an unreasonable position with damages occurred to a Location or where Filming Locations receives repeated complaints about users, Filming Locations reserves the right to suspend or terminate the users Account, remove all listings and cancel any bookings
Does the Host need to be present at the location for the duration of the shoot?
We highly recommend that either the Host or a representative remains present on set during the shoot, just to ensure that the place is left neat and tidy and returned to its initial state. We also kindly ask that the Host and/ or representative present on-site remain silent and be respectful during shooting and, if possible, individuals, not part of the official film crew, is limited to a maximum of two or three persons
Is it possible to book a space for a shoot for 2-3 hours?
The Filmmaker has the option to book a location for half or full day only. For a half-day option, it’s a minimum of 6-hours booking or more and for a full day, it’s a minimum 12-hours booking or more. Additional hours will be calculated on the basis of the daily rate divided by 12 hours.
How can I contact the Host?
Once the booking is accepted by the Host, the Filming Locations’ team will provide the Filmmaker with Host’s contact details 24-hours before the shoot
How can I pay for the booking?
After you’ve selected “Book Now” you will be transferred to the next page where you fill out your booking and payment information.There are two payment options available: “Credit card” by filling out relevant details, or manual bank transfer by choosing the “Invoice” button
When the Host receives the payment?
After the shoot is complete the funds will be released to the Host’s account. The Filming Locations’ team will contact you after the booking has been confirmed to register your payment information
Can Filmmakers reschedule the booking?
Once the booking is accepted by Host, the Filmmaker has a right to reschedule the booking only once by contacting the Filming Locations’ Team. The rescheduling has to be done no later than 48 hours before the shooting start time.
How can I cancel the booking?
To cancel the booking please call Filming Locations (+971 52 921 21 84) immediately. However, please note that the cancellation fees may apply. For more details please visit https://filminglocations.io/cancellation-refunds.
What is the price I should set up as a Host?
Filming Locations’ team encourages the Host to research similar listings as examples on filminglocations.io/properties. If you still have any concerns about the price of your location please Contact Us for advice.
What is my responsibility as a Host?
As a Host, you have to make sure that all photos and information that you have posted are accurate and up to date, all features and amenities that are present on your listing are fully accessible for the Filmmaker with no additional charge. Once you accept the booking request, please make sure that the location is clean and presented as advertised. Please be respectful to the logistic time of the production team and make sure that the location is accessible to Filmmaker no later than the mentioned Booking time.
How do I know that the photos of the location are the same as advertised?
Filming Locations can not give guarantees as well as can not control the quality of Host’s listings therefore we encourage to book location pre-visit “Location Scout” for the proper evaluation. If for some reason you are not able to schedule a “Location Scout” please contact us and we will contact the Host to find out any specific details for you.
How do I know if my property is suitable for filming?
We are accepting any type of private properties such as villas, apartments, cafes, gyms, offices, farms, stables, private lands, etc. We recommend that you research similar listings on our platform for references. You can also create multiple listings and rent out only specific areas of your place such as the garden, living area, kitchen, swimming pool, and others. It is totally up to the Host to decide which parts of the location they would like to provide to the Filmmaker.
Can Filmmakers film artwork at the location?
Filmmakers have all rights to record, photograph the location and all art objects that are within this location unless prohibited by the UAE law. Any exception of the rules, objects, facilities that cannot be filmed or photographed should be mentioned in the listing description or removed before the shoot. Any content made by a Filmmaker and Film Crew within your Location can be used, copy, transmit, distribute, modify, display, subleased including all features and amenities, subjects universally, perpetually, fully paid.